Monday, June 1, 2009

Summer Officially Has Begun


Yesterday kicked off our summer festivities at Queen Creek and I took Livi Lou to see UP and it was awesome. It's probably my new favorite Disney movie. This morning we had peach pancakes with ice cream and maple syrup with our Schnepf peaches. Since swimming lessons start today its official-Summer is here! We have a trip up north to Pinetop for the 4th of July coming up, the kids birthdays, a trip to Santa Barbara to visit Lancer, and cheer practice this summer (not to mention all our crafty things we're doing.) Today we're going to plant herbs in pots since our last garden didn't really work out. And I'll start making the girls tiered ruffled dresses.

Oh, and I promised better pictures of my 1st summer dress so here it is.


It's cute, hunh? The fit isn't great, but at least it looks like the picture, which is a huge accomplishment for me. And I'll only get better if I make more dresses, so I guess I'll have to go to Joanne's today. :) And how cute is that bench? Braden finished it yesterday for his Mom's store Wood Creations and it is the sweetest thing ever. I want one for my house now. You can find it here if you want one for yourself, and you can order it unfinished even if you live in a different state than AZ and you can finish it yourself any color you want. Their new website is up and running now and I'm adding more items every day so check it out.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE the bench. that needs to go in your yellow kitchen, asap. maybe once bball is over Allen and Braden will paint your damn kitchen.

ps. lets sew this summer, fo sho. love the dress. its got dreamy written all over it.