Saturday, June 13, 2009

Seriously


How rad is my piano? I want to make out with it. Braden dragged it in our living room last night and my life is now complete. Until tomorrow, when I remember I want my kitchen painted. Isn't it lovely? Don't you want one too? I know.

We scored this baby for $100 on craigslist, and Braden sanded it down, painted it black, then green, burnished the whole thing, then glazed it with an espresso color, then topcoated it a bunch of times, and now it looks like it's been green for a hundred years. It's actually been around longer than that, it was manufactured in 1890 by Wing & Sons. I wish I knew exactly where it came from, because it looks like it was in a saloon for a few years, it even has an orchestra pedal so when you play it sounds like one of those clangy saloon pianos.

We spent all night learning to play (we cheated by writing the notes on the keys in black marker) and now Colorblind by the Counting Crows, New American Classic by Taking Back Sunday, Watch Me Bleed by Scary Kids Scaring Kids, and Love Story by Taylor Swift can be heard choppily through our home. I've never played an instrument before and it is so fun to learn how to make music. This is the best present I've ever been given, hands down. Oh, I need to learn that song too (by Dashboard Confessional).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

O.M.G [yes. i said that]

i'm SO SO in loooove.

i bet B will be happy when i ask him to do one for my casa [someday].

Fawn Becker said...

Sooooo dang cute! Francis has always wanted to learn to play the piano....I am going to Craig's list right now on a piano treasure hunt! Seriously Rosemary I love that you post everyday, I always look forward to seeing what you are up to. And kudos to Braden for the bomb paint job!

Kindy said...

Yep I'm jealous. Braden did an awesome job! The birthday pics are so cute too! I really hope that we can get together sometime soon so I can see your cuties before their all grown up. Love you guys!

Lindsee said...

Hi Rosemary. Remember me from High School? Well, I stalk your blog.

A) Gorgeous piano!!!!!! I love green, I love that you said you wanted to make out with it, and I love antique uprights (I have one!)

B) You are like, super mom. Way to go.

C) You have the cutest blog I have ever seen, hence me stalking it.

That's all.