Friday, June 12, 2009

Corsages & Chicken Noodle Soup


Still working on my pettiskirt, but I wanted to squeeze in one more accessory project, since I am head over heels in love with the Miss Ruby Sue stuff on Etsy. She has these adorable bracelet/corsages (she calls them brasages. Like Brangelina. barf) and they are not only gorgeous, but they are also affordable so if you are not a sewer, hop on over to her shop and check them out. Corsages are something that people only ever wear in high school when you are going to dances, but are super cute so why not wear them more often? Life is too short to not wear fun stuff. They are very easy to make, I think it took me total of 10 minutes to finish my bracelet corsage. Follow the same tutorial as the necklace to make the roses, sew some tulle and a peacock feather to a band of gold sequins, and add the roses last. I added another one of those vintage jewels on the bracelet, and I think the end result looks fabulous. I'm going to wear this tomorrow night when we go to the movies and I'm sure Braden will make fun of me, but whatever because he's just jealous. Secretly.


Oh, and I'm making Chicken Noodle Soup today. This is one of my all time favorite recipes, from the Southern Belle Paula Deen who I want to be when I grow up. She serves this soup at her restaurant, The Lady & Sons, in Savannah Georgia and it is worth all the work, I promise. It makes a buttload too so you will be eating this for lunch for days and be so so happy. After it is refrigerated all the broth is soaked up by the noodles so it really isn't even soup anymore, its chicken pasta with vegetables. This is literally the only way my children will consume veggies. My mouth is starting to water, so I better go start my soup before I start drooling all over the place.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

holy banana sandwich. i need a corsage to match the cute necklace for me too.

haha. i can't wait for your dreamy corsage debut tomorrow night. seeing the hangover is kind of like prom. if you want I cam take pics while b puts the corsage on... just an idea!

ps. SO excited for the movie.