Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Baby Update

I've been so busy with crafting and the holidays and stuff, I haven't given an update on the twins in a while. You might have seen on the side bar that we picked out names- Evelyn Violet Watson & Georgia Magnolia Watson. Our two other girls have flowers for their middle names (Olivia Rose & Penelope Lily) so we had to carry on the tradition. I've always liked the name Violet (like Violet Beauregarde in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory) and the Magnolia is my favorite flower. Very southern belle, don't you think? For the record, I wanted Clementine, but Braden said no way did he want a child named after a fruit, so he came up with Georgia. One of our favorite songs is Georgia On My Mind by Ray Charles, so I knew it was a good pick.

As far as the health of the babies go, I have been transfered to a high risk OB because their growth is still uneven. Evelyn is a bit bigger than Georgia, but the ultrasounds are staying good, so we just have to wait and hope for the best. Their main concern for me is pre-term labor, they want to try and keep the babies in there as long as they can so they can get as big as possible before they have to deliver. Most likely I will have a C-section, and it will be no later that 36 weeks which is on March 1st. They will probably come in January or February so I'll keep everyone updated.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm not feeling all that great at this point. I'm only 23 weeks and I'm measuring at 30 weeks so I'm way bigger than normal. There is a lot of pressure on my pelvis so it's hard to walk and sleep, and now my tailbone is out of alignment or something so it's hard to sit too. Basically it sucks but I have to keep telling myself it's only for a couple more months. So when you see me and I'm waddling like a fool, you know why:)

So that's the scoop on the babies. I've been scoping out some stuff I want to make for them and I'm linking them up here so if you have a baby or niece or grandbaby or whatever you can make some too!

First, check out the slideshow of Heather Bailey's Nicey Jane fabric-which will be all over the twins nursery.


And how cute is this Happy Stacker Pattern?



I'm also think about making this quilt for the girls in the Nicey Jane prints. I love the double ruffles on the sides. A lot of work, but sooooo cute. It will be my first quilt I make out of a pattern (not just the patchwork with the squares) so I'm kind of nervous, but excited to try something new.

3 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I hope you start feeling better. You are such an incredible woman! I don't know how you do all the things you do! :) Hang in there!

Cute names by the way! Very southern bell! :)

Jess said...

I am totally in love with that quilt pattern! Super time consuming, but oh how cutie patootie will it be when you've finished two?!

Let me know if you need a day to just lie/sit/stand/waddle and I'll come over to wrangle the munchkins/keep them entertained.

I do a mean cookie monster. ;)

Literally mean, Dylan is quite frightened by it.

Unknown said...

That pattern is adorable. I love it.

Please woman. call me over and let me help you take care of your 3 other little ones. I am happy to come help you.

I can't wait to meet the twins!