Monday, November 30, 2009

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Chirstmas



After checking out all the new holiday goodies out there this weekend, I was really inspired by Knock Knocking's gorgeous wreaths she has for sale, and wanted to recreate my own for my door. So, on Black Friday I went out and bought craft supplies at Joanne's and whipped up my own Glittered Peppermint Yarn wreath. Do you love it?


It took a while to wrap all that freakin yarn, and I did successfully burn the crap out of my finger with my hot glue gun, but SUCCESS! I think it is darling, and now have to whip another one up for my sister in law.

Do you want to make one? You need:
1) Styrofoam wreath
2) Spool (Is that what they call it?) of yarn, any color you choose
3) Various holiday picks (Joanne's has them for 50% off!). I used poinsettias, a bird, leaves-all glittered
4) Various ornaments

As you can see, depending on the supplies you choose your wreath can come out very different than mine, but that's the beauty of it. I like glitter on holidays, but if you don't you can always go the more traditional route.

I liked my wreath skinny, so I just tied my string around the top of the wreath and started winding the yarn around it. I used a bunch of smaller pieces and tied them all together to make them easier to work with. If you want a fatter wreath, you can follow this tutorial. Once the wreath was all covered in the yarn, I got my glue gun out and started putting the picks on there. I cut out a piece of white felt and glittered it to look like some snow, and stuck my bird on there. Then I took some ric rac and hung some small ornaments through the middle, added some ribbon to the top to hang, and it turned out lovely. I fear this yarn wreath thing may become an addiction.

In other news- House of 3 is having another sale for Cyber Monday today!


And Handmade Parade's Cyber Monday Sale also ends tonight so hurry and scoop up the rosette jewelry, pettiskirts, & tutus you've been eyeing quick before they go back to regular price!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

the wreath came out dreamy! i think i may attempt one.. we'll see though. I'm still a beginner.